Healthcare & Life Sciences
Blockchain technology has the potential to place the patient at the center of the healthcare ecosystem and increasing the security, privacy, and interoperability of health data. It could provide a new model for health information exchanges by making electronic medical records more efficient, disintermediated, and secure.
- Billing and claims management
- Clinical Data Exchange & Interoperability
- Cybersecurity & Healthcare IoT
- Drug Supply Chain Provenance & Integrity
- Population Health Research & Pharma Clinical Trials
- Estonia began using blockchain technology in 2012 to secure healthcare data and process transactions. Now all of the country’s healthcare billing is handled on a blockchain, 95% of health information is ledger-based and 99% of all prescription information is digital.